Transfer `console-conf` to canonical

Hi,

As part of the UC24 work, we’ve extracted console-conf functionality into a separate snap named console-conf. The snap is currently owned by @ondra with members of the UC team set up as collaborators. I would hereby like to request to transfer the snap ownership to the canonical account.

Thanks

cc @abeato @pmeulengracht

2 Likes

Hi,

For snaps owned by Canonical, it is preferred if they have the appropriate metadata to ensure their proper presentation on snapcraft.io. I see that console-conf already has a description (although it’d be nice if it could be more detailed :slight_smile: )- so it’d be great if you could also add a proper icon to it and provide a more detailed summary.

Moreover, we do ask for the snap to have a stable-channel release (and proper maintenance) before they are transferred to the Canonical account. This is particularly important as the snap will be linked with Canonical’s name and failing to do so may create the impression of incomplete/experimental software which is not what we want to convey from our maintained snaps.

Once the above are done, let me know and we can look into a transfer to the Canonical account.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like

Hey! We have updated the description and provided an icon, is it possible to get this looked at again?

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for keeping me posted on this. Icon and description look good but, AFAICS, there are no stable-channel releases yet. Having at least one revision published on a stable channel is also a prerequisite for transferring the snap to the Canonical account.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like

Hi,

Now that snapcraft supports core24 without needin ggrade: devel, I have built and published new revisions of the snap (rev 37 for amd64, rev 38 for arm64). The latest/stable channel has been populated with those revisions for both arches.

Please revisit the request for transferring console-conf to the Canonical account.

1 Like

Hi,

This is now done. The ownership of the snap has been transferred to the Canonical account.

Thanks,

Odysseus

2 Likes