Tracks 2.81 and 2.82 for blender

Hello there,

Can we please have a track named “2.81” and “2.82” for the blender snap?

2.81 is already out (and currently in “latest”), and 2.82 is almost out.

Thanks!

Gladly!

2.81 and 2.82 are already created, my +1 as reviewer and using Simplified track request process for snaps with predictable cadence as Blender has existing tracks.

• Daniel
1 Like

Hey,

Yesterday we released Blender 2.83 LTS, and I was looking to push to a track “2.83 LTS”. From the documentation, and e-mail correspondance with others in the release team I was believing that I could just snapcraft push --release='2.38 LTS' blender_2.83.0-amd64.snap, butthat didn’t appear to work.

What should I be doing to get a snap published to such a track instead of what I tried above?

For now I just pushed to latest/stable, but would gladly learn how to do this correctly for 2.83.1 in the 2.83 LTS track.

Hello there,

I believe the track discussed and agreed with Dalai was 2.83lts, which follows the naming style for tracks. Does that one work?

Hi @niemeyer,

I am fine with 2.83lts. So I should be able to use
snapcraft push --release='2.38lts' blender_2.83.0-amd64.snap then? Or is it 2.83lts/latest?

/Nathan Letwory

Hi,

The command you posted should work to release to 2.83lts/stable.

2.83lts/latest makes no sense, as latest is the always-available track for all snaps.

Do have a look at https://blog.ubuntu.com/2017/09/07/controlling-snap-releases-with-channels-tracks-and-branches-part-2 (and https://ubuntu.com/blog/controlling-snap-releases-with-channels-tracks-and-branches-part-1) for a clear explanation of how channel strings are structured :slight_smile:

• Daniel

Thank you,

pages bookmarked!

/Nathan

There’s also a nice description of channels, which are formed by the tuple:

<track>/<risk>[/<branch>]

in the docs:

Thanks. It is all starting to make sense (:

I managed to open the 2.83lts/stable track with the 2.83.0 release.

Should I release the 2.81 and 2.82a releases in their respective stable tracks to complete the picture?

/Nathan

Sorry for the late reply, Nathan (was off last week).

Yes, I would suggest keeping tracks up-to-date so that users may choose to move back and forth between main versions as makes sense for their own environments.