Track request: ros2-nav2 humble / jazzy

Hello,

Could I get a humble and jazzy track for ros2-nav2 snap?

The ros2-nav2 snap provides mapping, localization and navigation capabilities for a robot. The Humble and Jazzy tracks corresponds to the ROS DISTRO lts in which the snap is meant to work with. The names of the tracks are chosen as such in order to follow the ROS releases, which is tied to the coreN number. Hence, the Humble track uses core22, while the jazzy track uses core24.

The upstream release of a new version of the ros2-nav2 has historically followed cadence of every year, with an LTS every two years, which corresponds to ROS releases. In our case, we currently released snaps for humble and jazzy, and other tracks might be released with cadence of every two years (only on ROS LTS releases), when a new version is provided upstream. We don’t plan to release non-LTS versions.

The code is maintained until a ROS distro goes end of life. The ROS distro lifecycle lasts 5 years for LTS distribution and once a ROS distro goes EOL, the associated snap track will be removed. For instance, Humble goes EOL in 2027. Based on that, each track is expected to have a lifetime of 5 years (until the ROS distro goes EOL), and a new track will be created every two years.

Let me know if any other information is needed,

Thanks in advance, Florencia

Thanks for the explanation!

I have added tracks humble and jazzy for snap ros2-nav2.

Emma