Track request for MicroK8s

Hi,

We would like to have a “dqlite” track for MicroK8s so as to hold a special flavor of the snap.

Thanks

Hey!

In principle it looks OK, I’m just wondering two things.

What’s this special flavor for and what’s the main difference with stock microk8s?

Also - microk8s already has tracks for the k8s version it packages. How are you planning to maintain a separate set of dqlite-based snaps? (having e.g. 1.18 and 1.18-dqlite is going to get messy quickly).

(Microk8s already has tracks so this would in principle be eligible for the simplified process, but since the newly-requested track might vary in semantics and intent vs. simple per-version tracks, I do want to get this extra information before making a decision).

Thanks!

• Daniel

Hi @roadmr

This track will contain the latest version of a dqlite-based build available side-by-side with the rest of the builds. We would like a separate build so as not to disrupt the release workflow already established.

Thank you

Thanks for explaining,

+1 for that track: my rationale is that making this a branch makes it quite undiscoverable, while a separate snap would be tricky to migrate/upgrade, even if the dqlite track doesn’t adhere to the usual pattern. I’m still not convinced this will scale if you ever want to have several dqlite-based k8s versions in addition to the etcd-based ones (the messy scenario I mentioned above) but we’ll evaluate those if/when you do request more -dqlite tracks.

The track is available now, enjoy!

• Daniel
1 Like