Track request for janus-gateway

Can you please add new tracks

I plan publish different major versions to different tracks.
Thanks in advance.

Hello!

The request looks generally reasonable. I couldn’t find any information on whether those two versions are backwards-incompatible, whether people would have a reason to stick with 0.7 when 0.8 is available, and whether there is any documented release process with a predictable schedule for new releases; if you could provide some info about this, I’d appreciate it and it will help reviewers cast an informed vote.

Since this is a new track request, we’ll need to allow for a few days to gather this information and for reviewers to cast their vote/opinion.

Thanks!

-Danie

Hello.
Just to note, I’m not core project developer, I just maintain snap package. On other side, I’m using this snap in some of my projects, in which I would prefer have control over switching between major updates.
Janus evolves pretty quickly and developers time to time change API significantly, so yes, releases can be not backward compatible.

What about releases schedule - don’t think it’s available, but if look to history, major versions come something about 2-3 times in year: https://github.com/meetecho/janus-gateway/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

2-3 releases a year is consistent with normal use of tracks, and backwards compatibility issues do make this a reasonable case for track usage. +1 from me!

(Just need one more +1 vote, I’ll check again in a few days).

• Daniel

Can you please clarify who else can vote for tracks add?

@reviewers can you please Vote on this request? Thanks :slight_smile:

• Daniel
1 Like

I think this request is sensible. +1

1 Like

Thanks! I’ve created both tracks (0.7 and 0.8), they’re ready to use.

Cheers,

• Daniel
1 Like

I would like request more tracks:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Both these tracks are now ready to use.

• Daniel
1 Like

Hello again.

I would like request more tracks. Can you please crate following:

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi,

+1 as reviewer, the tracks are ready now.

• Daniel
1 Like

Hello one more time.

I decided to stop use separate tracks for minor versions since Janus 1.x was released, but Janus maintainers still support legacy version of application. So I decided maintain only latest and legacy tracks, and would like to ask create one more (and hope last one) track:

legacy

Thanks in advance

Hi, +1 from me as reviewer, the legacy track is ready.

• Daniel
1 Like