Track for black

Now that black has commited to format stability I am finally willing to publish to stable. For which I would like to request a track named “22”

Hi there,

Black doesn’t have existing tracks, so per Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks , we need a 1-week voting/discussion period, so I’ll check back on the discussion and votes in a few days.

Do you expect to have one track per year to keep in line with https://black.readthedocs.io/en/stable/the_black_code_style/index.html#stability-policy ?

What do you envision happening with older tracks once Black moves on? (I don’t think Black would be exposed to needing security fixes but maybe it will be the case).

I’m generally +1 on this, being a Black user myself. Let’s see what other reviewers think :slight_smile:

Thanks!

• Daniel
1 Like

My plan is to get rid of “latest” and use default tracks. I could go through the first year with dealing with “latest”. I can commit to security fixes for all tracks as long as the upstream is also supporting that version.

Perfect - not a problem, we’ll check in a few days for the additional required vote.

• Daniel

+1 from me - thanks @sergiusens :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience. 22 track is now ready.

• Daniel