Timeout waiting for snap system profiles to get updated

This error has been reported on discourse.ubuntu.com when running the chromium snap:

juil. 19 17:10:56 oem-desktop chromium_chromium.desktop[2022]: internal error, please report: running “chromium” failed: timeout waiting for snap system profiles to get updated

Can snapd experts explain what’s going on, and what might be causing this?

1 Like

I’ve seen this error when the version of the /usr/lib/snapd/snapd binary doesn’t match the version of /usr/lib/snapd/snap-confine and snapd would always fail to start, but I did that to myself during development. Not sure how that could happen in the wild, but logs of snapd.service would be helpful

I have the same problem:

⋊> ~ chromium-browser ‘http://…’
internal error, please report: running “chromium” failed: timeout waiting for snap system profiles to get updated

chromium was working fine when it was installed as deb. Some ubuntu software update told me it needed to replace the chromium-browser deb with a snap instead, and now it does not work anymore. Thanks, snap! Job well done. Thanks, ubuntu! Will change back to debian, hopefully they do not jump onto snap as well.

Okay, so it’s been 2 years and I’m having the same problem.

1 Like

so you could probably provide the logs that ian asked about above …

I have the same problem as the other respondents

internal error, please report: running “intellij-idea-community” failed: timeout waiting for snap system profiles to get updated

looks like snapd cannot start

running ubutnu 20.04 on WSL using XLaunch as my GUI

What further information would you like? under snapd.service I see the following image ![image|652x500]

it allows me to embed only 1 image per post :thinking: (upload://hyifZPHLB0CG635just0OypwKXZ.png) ![image|578x97] image

image ALSO ATTEMPTED TO REINSTALL WITHOUT SUCCESS root@Oscar:~# sudo apt install snapd Reading package lists… Done Building dependency tree Reading state information… Done The following packages will be upgraded: snapd 1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 147 not upgraded. Need to get 34.3 MB of archives. After this operation, 12.9 MB of additional disk space will be used. Get:1 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu focal-updates/main amd64 snapd amd64 2.54.3+20.04.1ubuntu0.3 [34.3 MB] Fetched 34.3 MB in 5s (6644 kB/s) (Reading database … 85061 files and directories currently installed.) Preparing to unpack …/snapd_2.54.3+20.04.1ubuntu0.3_amd64.deb … Warning! D-Bus connection terminated. Failed to stop snapd.apparmor.service: Connection reset by peer See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.apparmor.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.autoimport.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.autoimport.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.core-fixup.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.core-fixup.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.failure.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.failure.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.recovery-chooser-trigger.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.recovery-chooser-trigger.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.seeded.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.seeded.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.snap-repair.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.snap-repair.service’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.snap-repair.timer: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.snap-repair.timer’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.socket: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.socket’ for details. Failed to stop snapd.system-shutdown.service: Transport endpoint is not connected See system logs and ‘systemctl status snapd.system-shutdown.service’ for details. Unpacking snapd (2.54.3+20.04.1ubuntu0.3) over (2.49.2+20.04) … Failed to reload daemon: Connection reset by peer Setting up snapd (2.54.3+20.04.1ubuntu0.3) … Installing new version of config file /etc/apparmor.d/usr.lib.snapd.snap-confine.real … Installing new version of config file /etc/profile.d/apps-bin-path.sh … Failed to reload daemon: Connection reset by peer Failed to get unit file state for snapd.socket: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.socket is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to reload daemon: Connection reset by peer Failed to get unit file state for snapd.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to reload daemon: Connection reset by peer Failed to get unit file state for snapd.apparmor.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.apparmor.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.autoimport.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.autoimport.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.core-fixup.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.core-fixup.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.failure.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.failure.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.recovery-chooser-trigger.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.recovery-chooser-trigger.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.seeded.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.seeded.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.snap-repair.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.snap-repair.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.snap-repair.timer: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.snap-repair.timer is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Failed to get unit file state for snapd.system-shutdown.service: Connection reset by peer Failed to retrieve unit state: Connection reset by peer snapd.system-shutdown.service is a disabled or a static unit not running, not starting it. Processing triggers for mime-support (3.64ubuntu1) … Processing triggers for gnome-menus (3.36.0-1ubuntu1) … Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.1-1) … Processing triggers for dbus (1.12.16-2ubuntu2.2) … Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils (0.24-1ubuntu3) …