Thunderbird snap problem

Kubuntu 22.04, snapd version 2.56.

When running the latest stable snap (102.0.1) of Thunderbird and trying to send a URL link via email from the Firefox snap (102.0) using the “Email a link to this page” button from the Firefox toolbar, I get the following popup dialogue box:

“Thunderbird is already running, but is not responding. To use Thunderbird, you must first close the existing Thunderbird process, restart your device, or use a different profile”

If the Thunderbird snap is not running, I get an email compose window from the Thunderbird snap as I would expect.

I have tried the various web instructions of removing the .parentlock when Thunderbird is not running, but that is re-created when Thunderbird is launched.

Is this a Thunderbird snap problem, or a Firefox snap problem and where is the best place to report it? I have searched the Firefox Bugzilla site and found nothing which matches.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

I’m experiencing the same problem and haven’t found a solution yet either. I think the current snap release was premature as the official thunderbird release page indicates that the 102 version will not be offered as an upgrade until a future release. The snap should have been similarly held until that time, to avoid bugs like this popping up.

Bug report filed at: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/thunderbird/+bug/1980839

Thanks for doing that. I have subscribed to it.