The linker version '2.23' used by the base 'core' is incompatible with files in this snap

Hello I am trying to re-build a preview snap package with a newer version of my app and it fails for some reason. Any idea why?

I am trying to re-build a snap for a java application i made.

I used: (previously worked fine)
$ snapcraft clean
$ snapcraft clean smalltextpad -s build
$ snapcraft

Pulling smalltextpad
Building smalltextpad
Staging smalltextpad
Priming smalltextpad
ERROR:

The linker version ‘2.23’ used by the base ‘core’ is incompatible with files in this snap:
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libbsd.so.0.9.1 (2.25)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpat.so.1.6.8 (2.25)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libfdisk.so.1.1.0 (2.25)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/usr/lib/jvm/java-8-openjdk-amd64/jre/lib/amd64/libnio.so (2.28)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.1 (2.25)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libexpatw.so.1.6.8 (2.25)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgnutls.so.30.22.0 (2.25)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libgssapi_krb5.so.2.2 (2.27)
/home/ricardo/Programming/packages/snap/smalltextpad/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libp11-kit.so.0.3.0 (2.26)

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated, previously compiled and snapcraft in Ubuntu 16.04 and now trying to snapcraft same package on Ubuntu 18.10 (if that helps)

Kind regards

You should build the snap using the system with the same base of the core snap, which is Ubuntu 16.04 as of now.

If you’re not using Ubuntu 16.04, you should build on an Ubuntu 16.04 LXD container instead.

Hi,

“same base of the core snap”, do you mean that the same linker version of core snap?

I am using ubuntu 18.04 as my development environment, as i remember, the first time i run snapcraft command on my ubuntu, it will download “core” snap. I guess that if we build our own snap, there is dependence with “core” snap, right?

so that, we should use the same linker version to build our own snap, in order to work with “core” snap, right?

And current “core” base is Ubuntu 16.04, so if we development on other version of ubuntu, there should be have this kind of problem. right?

thanks!

if you are building on top of 18.04 you want to add base: core18 to your snapcraft.yaml, then it will use the correct linker i guess …