Telegram update

Hi, is there a problem with the snap version of telegram? It’s already two versions behind the latest official version. Thanks

What kind of issue? Telegram snap is already in the latest version 4.8.0 available in the stable channel.

Check here. And the latest release is also 4.8.0 from telegram.

2 Likes

You are right, but until yesterday (a proof here) there was the older version 4.6.5 instead of the latest 4.7.1. Best regards

hm. publish date for 4.8 on the stable channel is April 22nd , and I think that is the date it got released to that channel and not the date it was uploaded. if you could not refresh on April 23rd there is something amiss (or a timezone thing)?

i guess web archive did not crawl the site since April 18th, that is kind of outdated proof

In snaps, there are channels, stable, beta, candidate and edge. The 4.7.1 was not a very stable release, I used it in the binary version and calls didn’t work there. That’s why it wasn’t pushed to the stable channel. Because it’s already in the edge channel. Use your proof to have a look at it.

1 Like

hm. publish date for 4.8 on the stable channel is April 22nd , and I think that is the date it got released to that channel and not the date it was uploaded. if you could not refresh on April 23rd there is something amiss (or a timezone thing)?

i guess web archive did not crawl the site since April 18th, that is kind of outdated proof

The web archive clearly shows that version 4.7.1 has not been released. That is why I opened the issue since I could not find the 4.7.x and 4.8 versions. Now the problem is solved.

In snaps, there are channels, stable, beta, candidate and edge. The 4.7.1 was not a very stable release, I used it in the binary version and calls didn’t work there. That’s why it wasn’t pushed to the stable channel. Because it’s already in the edge channel. Use your proof to have a look at it.

4.7.0 has the call bug on GNU/linux, which was fixed by the version 4.7.1, changelog.

It was there in the edge channel, kindly check it