Swift language plugin for Ubuntu Core 18

Hi I’m looking for some guidance in creating a plugin to support writing snaps for Ubuntu Core 18 running on microcontrollers such as the Raspberry Pi 3B+. Swift has excellent support for Ubuntu on x86_64.

I have a good software development background in Swift and C/C++ and have been successful developing code written in Swift for Ubuntu 16.

I saw this thread, but I’m looking for adding Swift as a language option for snaps, rather than a snap to support developing in the language.

I looked at a couple of examples here, but, though I do know a little python, it’s not clear to me how to go about this.

So, two questions in one:

Is writing a plugin the proper way to support authoring snaps in Swift?

If so, can someone point me to documentation on writing plugins for snapcraft?

Yes, this would be the proper way to create snaps out of a swift code base.

The documentation on this is quite sparse, but minimally you would need to follow https://docs.snapcraft.io/writing-local-plugins/5125 to start out and iterate.

Thank you for confirming I’m on the right track and for the link. As it turns out, I found that one right after posting. It’s a starting point and it has a link to the plugin API. I’ll update this thread with my progress in case anyone else would like a Swift plugin as well.