Submit commercial snap

Hello everyone!

My apologies if that question has been risen before, but how can one submit a commercial app to Ubuntu Store? I was not able to find that option.

However, after spending some time reading the docs, I have found the mentioning about the price setting for the app in ToS https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/dev/tos/

Is this option still in development? If so, will there be a possibility to submit shareware?

Thanks

3 Likes

Snap purchasing is still in development, and we should be rolling it out in a couple months. We will update our developer docs to cover price setting and other aspects at that time. The initial feature will cover single snap purchases for a fixed price. Future work will expand on that to add recurring subscriptions, trial periods, etc.

We would love to gather input from developers that are interested in paid snaps, so please let us know more about your use-case and any required or desired features you’d like to see.

4 Likes

Hello, is comercial snaps still underdevelopment?

3 Likes

We are very close to enabling paid snaps in production, please DM me if you’ve got a paid snap ready to go and we can help you you setup for our initial launch.

3 Likes

Hello, any news about commercial snaps?

2 Likes

Here’s a recent related topic: Monetizing?

2 Likes