Some question about autorefresh

i want to disable autorefresh in my device
but there is no file named snapd.refresh.timer, and core.snap is autorefreshed to the lastest twice while testing…

root@localhost:~# sudo systemctl disable snapd.refresh.timer                    
Failed to execute operation: No such file or directory 
root@localhost:~# sudo systemctl status snapd.refresh.timer                     
● snapd.refresh.timer                                                           
   Loaded: not-found (Reason: No such file or directory)                        
   Active: inactive (dead)

do it change the way to update snap? how can i disable autorefresh now…

1 Like

You have several options available to manage the refresh frequency, but which is appropriate will depend on what you’re trying to do.

Why do you want to disable autorefresh?

1 Like
  1. autofresh will reboot my device.it will have a short while we can not get data from target.

2. if some unexpected bugs come up while rebooting.it may cause damage to target machines which is much more valueable than our devices…and if not our faults, we must make it sure that our devices are running very stable.

3. it can not be controled when can be refreshed because some target machines are almost running all day.and different consumer have different plans. we have not much time to manage those plans. so we just want to update it when consumers require…

i want to make a stable device which do not need to update if no essential.so i want to stop the autofresh and update the images manully depending to batch numbers of products in factories.

Sounds like something we can help with. Handing you off to @JamieBennett.

Typically this kind of more complicated control needs working through in detail. Feel free to send me a direct message or email (my address is firstname.secondname @ canonical.com) to discuss your particular use case further and I’ll try to help.

Thanks!I’ll sort out the information and email you soon.