[Solved] Snap building but failing to release (VM and build.snapcraft.io)

Hi everyone, I am the maintainer for the ‘dwarffortress’ snap package. Recently I have encountered an issue on both build.snapcraft.io and building locally using a vanilla Ubuntu 16.04 Virtual Machine. The build process is successful regardless of either method used above, the issue is entirely within the release process, which fails in either context. There are no logs which state why the process failed.

At present, the build process in either context takes no more than five minutes. The release process however appears to simply time-out after roughly an hour.

Digging through the system monitor, I found that the connection to dashboard.snapcraft.io is simply unreachable. A ping to dashboard.snapcraft.io confirms this. The issue would seem to be on the canonical infrastructure but I’m pretty new to this so I can’t say for sure.

Please let me know if I need to provide more information, I’ll attach a screenshot of the VM below. Thank you very much for your help and your time.

Hey,

I found a wedged/failed review task in one of your revisions (26) which was causing all subsequent ones to stall, since they were waiting for the wedged one to complete. I’ve unwedged things and you should now be good to either release any stuck uploads, or do a new one if you wish.

I’ll also dig into why the task for revision 26 got stuck in the first place so it doesn’t happen again.

dashboard.snapcraft.io ignores ICMP probes (pings) for security/performance reasons. Did you try accessing it with a web browser? That’s a better assessment of whether the site is up. You can also always check http://status.snapcraft.io/ for service status information.

Cheers!

• Daniel

Just rebuilt and released on build.snapcraft.io without an issue in less than ten minutes. Fantastic, thank you very much. I’ll keep the status and dashboard in my bookmarks to check on. Thanks again!