Solus OS: 'cmd_run.go:446: WARNING: cannot create user data directory'

Hi

A user has installed Tizonia’s snap in Solus OS and the app fails with this message:

tizonia --help youtube
2018/01/16 01:09:06.705207 cmd_run.go:446: WARNING: cannot create user data directory: cannot read symlink: readlink /home/abhinav/snap/tizonia/current: invalid argument

The snap seems to work fine in most other systems, so I’m wondering if this problem is Snapd’s or perhaps something specific to Solus.

Further details in Tizonia’s issue tracker:
https://github.com/tizonia/tizonia-openmax-il/issues/434

Thanks

@ikey, do you know if this issue is specific to the integration of Snapd in Solus? a known issue perhaps?

1 Like

Do you get any apparmor denials (hint: grep for DENIED in the logs)?

What is /home/abhinav/snap/tizonia/current, is it a symlink?

@zyga-snapd /home/abhinav/snap/tizoniz/current is a folder with drwxrwxr-x I did not get any apparmor denials on the terminal. Can you tell me where would logs be located for this, The file /var/log/apparmor.init.log is empty.
I tried locate apparmor*.log but this is the only file it found.

in /var/log/syslog …

$ grep DENIED /var/log/syslog 

(or … if solus does not use syslog)

$ journalctl |grep DENIED

Is it a directory a symlink? Typically it is a symlink pointing to the current revision of the snap.

Its not a symlink. Its a simple directory with 775 permission.

It said No such file or directory

This is the output.

abhinav@abhinav-solus ~ $ tizonia example
2018/01/19 00:18:17.440456 cmd_run.go:446: WARNING: cannot create user data directory: cannot read symlink: readlink /home/abhinav/snap/tizonia/current: invalid argument
tizonia 0.11.0. Copyright (C) 2017 Juan A. Rubio
This software is part of the Tizonia project <http://tizonia.org>

No such file or directory (example).

abhinav@abhinav-solus ~ $ journalctl | grep DENIED
Hint: You are currently not seeing messages from other users and the system.
      Users in groups 'adm', 'systemd-journal', 'wheel' can see all messages.
      Pass -q to turn off this notice.

hmm, not sure what to do with that hint, does solus usually use sudo for reading system logs ? (else you might ave to add your user to one of the mentioned groups)

Actually I have already tried using sudo journalctl | grep DENIED Same thing. I didn’t copy its output because it was the same.

In fedora, this message is always shown unless turned off. Followed by the output of the journalctl. No output means there is nothing to show on that filter. I thought same thing applied to solus too.