Snapd updates in Fedora

Thanks for the update.

So this is a bit of a special snapd update for Fedorans: this is a security update to close CVE-2020-27352.

snapd-2.49 has been proposed for Fedora 33 and 32:

Please test and give karma!

1 Like

Thank you for pushing out the updates!

snapd-2.50 has been proposed to Fedora 34, 33, and 32:

Please test and post karma!

Another round of updates. This time it’s the 2.51 release:

Please test and give karma!

I’ve submitted updates of snapd to 2.51.7, which includes a compatibility fix for squashfs tools 4.5+. Please test and post karma:

Another round of updates of snapd in Fedora. This time the package has been upgrade to 2.52 and I have cherry picked a fix for seccomp profiles missing the clone3 syscall https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2008737. Please test and post karma:

I’ve pushed a round of updates to 2.53.1 for all supported Fedora releases:

Another round of updates. This time it’s 2.53.4 with a cherry-picked nvidia glvnd patch from https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/11023 which should fix problems reported in Telegram-desktop stopped to work in suse tumbleweed, glibc error. You can grab and test the updates right here:

Like I said I’d installed 2.53.4 in openSUSE today in the morning and it works fine.

Update to 2.54.1:

It’s a new year with fresh snapd updates for Fedorans!

snapd-2.54.2 has been proposed for Fedora Linux 34 and 35.

1 Like

Snapd 2.54.4 has been proposed for Fedora 34, 35 and the upcoming 36.

Another round of snapd updates, this time to 2.55.2.

Snapd 2.55.2 introduced a regression in snap layouts. Fortunately upstream release 2.55.3 with the right fix. I’ve now published a new set of updates.

multipass (and snapcraft) snaps are still broken on Fedora 36 - Multipass can't start VMs on Fedora 36

I’ve published a set of snapd package updates to version 2.56.2:

Note that Fedora 34 has reached EOL.

@mborzecki Sorry for the stupid question. I have just upgraded to 2.56 on Fedora using these instructions. What happens once 2.56 hits stable, do I have to do anything to no longer use a testing version

No, you don’t have to do anything. 2.56 will enter the updates repository, so it’s the version dnf would install without you explicitly enabling updates-testing.

1 Like

Thanks. I am now trying to manually upgrade snapd on another Fedora machine and the method no longer works. It says No security updates needed, but 17 updates available But now I am still on 2.55 and can no longer install several snaps.