Snapd updates in Fedora

Thank you for the update.

I’m pleased to release snapd updates for Fedorans!

snapd-2.45 has been proposed for Fedora 32 and 31

Please test and give karma!

Note that Fedora 30 will be EOL in a few days, so it’s staying where it is now.

1 Like

multipass doesn’t work. It didn’t work before, and it is a major issue for building snaps in Fedora.

✗ multipass list      
WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement
list failed: multipass socket access denied
Please check that you have read/write permissions to '/var/snap/multipass/common/multipass_socket'

As a result snapcraft doesn’t work too.

I’m pleased to release snapd updates for Fedorans!

snapd-2.47.1 has been proposed for Fedora 33, 32, and 31

Note that Fedora 31 will be EOL next month, so this will be the last update for that release.

4 Likes

snapcraft still doesn’t work on Fedora 33.

$ snapcraft
Launching a VM.
WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement
launch failed: The following errors occurred:
failed to determine IP address
An error occurred with the instance when trying to launch with 'multipass': returned exit code 2.
Ensure that 'multipass' is setup correctly and try again.
$ snapcraft --version
snapcraft, version 4.4

Please open another topic with, quite sure @Saviq will be interested in getting more details such as the journal output.

The problem is on Fedora side - https://github.com/canonical/multipass/issues/1448

It’s a new year with fresh snapd updates for Fedorans!

snapd-2.48.2 (along with snapd-glib-1.58) has been proposed for Fedora 33 and 32

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

So this is a bit of a special snapd update for Fedorans: this is a security update to close CVE-2020-27352.

snapd-2.49 has been proposed for Fedora 33 and 32:

1 Like

Thank you for pushing out the updates!

snapd-2.50 has been proposed to Fedora 34, 33, and 32:

Please test and post karma!

Another round of updates. This time it’s the 2.51 release:

I’ve submitted updates of snapd to 2.51.7, which includes a compatibility fix for squashfs tools 4.5+. Please test and post karma:

Another round of updates of snapd in Fedora. This time the package has been upgrade to 2.52 and I have cherry picked a fix for seccomp profiles missing the clone3 syscall https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2008737. Please test and post karma:

I’ve pushed a round of updates to 2.53.1 for all supported Fedora releases:

Another round of updates. This time it’s 2.53.4 with a cherry-picked nvidia glvnd patch from https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/11023 which should fix problems reported in Telegram-desktop stopped to work in suse tumbleweed, glibc error. You can grab and test the updates right here:

Like I said I’d installed 2.53.4 in openSUSE today in the morning and it works fine.

Update to 2.54.1:

It’s a new year with fresh snapd updates for Fedorans!

snapd-2.54.2 has been proposed for Fedora Linux 34 and 35.

1 Like