Snapd Desktop GUI on ZorinOS

Hello.

I am quite new to ZorinOS. I have been setting it up as I want it (no thanks to a certain individual on a certain site :expressionless:) and I have been trying to find out how to install the Snapd GUI. Here is what I did:

searched online for ‘install 7zip gui zorinos’

1. found Install P7Zip - Desktop on Linux | Snap Store “Choose your Linux distribution to get detailed installation instructions. If yours is not shown, get more details on the installing snapd documentation.”
  2. clicked on ‘installing snapd documentation’
  3. went to Installing the daemon | Snapcraft documentation "Snap is pre-installed and ready to go on the following: … Zorin OS

If you’re using a desktop, a great first step is to install the Snap Store app." 4. clicked on ‘Snap Store app’ 5. went to https://snapcraft.io/docs/installing-snap-store-app "Snaps can be easily installed and managed from the command line.

But if you use a desktop environment, snaps can be more readily discovered, installed and managed from the Snap Store desktop app." 6. clicked on ‘Snap Store desktop app’ 7. went to

“Choose your Linux distribution to get detailed installation instructions. If yours is not shown, get more details on the installing snapd documentation.” 8. clicked on ‘installing snapd documentation’ 3. went to

lather, rinse, repeat, ad infinitum, ad nauseam.

Please help!

Thanks.

P.S. Why is the bullets and numbering used here if it doesn’t work, and how can I preview my post before submitting it?

Did you try the big green “Istall” button on the top right of the page instead of scrolling down ?

(also, when you post, the right half of the editor window shows the preview)

Evidently, I didn’t. It might be green but it is not big, and from not knowing it was there, it looks more like a “Search” button for the text field which looks like what you enter search terms in. That is a bad design. At least it doesn’t have (or I didn’t see!) any false “download now” adverts on it! :laughing:

As for the preview on the right - it just shows a yellow box with some information, which I ignored (and obviously which I didn’t close). It’s good to put something over the preview area so you can’t see the preview. That is also a bad design.

Thanks for your help!