Snapcraft does not recognize offline mode

I want to use the snapcraft offline mode. But the argument (–offline) did not get recognized. 2022-11-02_13h56_37

The version I used is Snapcraft V7.2.4

it would probably help to write the option with two f ?

Thanks for the hint. I updated my screenshot.

1 Like

did you also call snapcraft pull first ? (not sure that will change a thing regarding the missing option, but the doc above says this is a requirement to have everything cached first)

Yes, I did call snapcraft pull first.

It’s not just you - I’ve just tried both as well, with the same outcome. The offline option is unavailable with Snapcraft 7.2.3.

It still works with Snapcraft 6.x (snap refresh snapcraft --channel=6.x/stable), so this might be something lost in the new version. I’ll check with the Snapcraft team.

3 Likes

I’ve just spoken to the Snapcraft team and offline mode (which they reminded me was experimental anyway) has been dropped from Snapcraft 7.x, with the intention of re-engineering a better offline solution for the next generation of Snapcraft releases. There’s no current timeframe for this.

@nick.h; sorry this isn’t likely the answer you wanted to hear, but I’ll update the docs and keep on-top of any further developments.

1 Like

Hi @degville Are there any news on this topic? Is this feature scheduled for a Snapcraft release?