Snapcraft Docker Images on Dockerhub

Today I wanted to try to build a snap package, mainly just to see how the process goes really. However I am using Solus so i started to follow build on lxd docker and upon running the image supplied by dockerhub it failed to performs updates and quit.

I believe the docker image just needs rebuilding and uploaded to dockerhub. I was able to successfully build and run the image from the Dockerfile provided in the repo https://github.com/snapcore/snapcraft

As mentioned on irc there should probably be a process of testing whether the current image on dockerhub is working or not, and if not rebuild and upload to dockerhub.

I think its pretty important this get updated quickly as the instructions in the documentation currently do not work.

May also be worth adding a few lines to the documentation describing how to build the image without using dockerhub.

1 Like

Instead of using Docker you can try using the snapcraft snap (which isn’t in stable yet but it is in candidate)! :smiley: Use sudo snap install snapcraft --candidate --classic and report any bugs you come across here (I guess).

The documentation should be fixed, yes, but just use the snapcraft snap to make snaps on Solus :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve updated the dockerhub so that snapcore/snapcraft now has 2.33

1 Like

Is there also a snapcraft docker image that includes lxd? This is useful when using circleci for snapcraft builds that require lxd…