Snapcraft: cannot login

Dear all,

I can no longer use snapcraft to login or upload my packages. All commands that I have tried terminate with unclear error messages that leave me clueless what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Best,

Stefan.

[kebekus@kebekus-laptop ~]$ snapcraft login
This login method is not longer supported                                      
Enter your Ubuntu One e-mail address and password.                             
If you do not have an Ubuntu One account, you can create one at https://snapcraft.io/account                                                                   
Email: *****@***
Password: 
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/snap/snapcraft/7717/bin/snapcraft", line 8, in <module>
    sys.exit(run())
  File "/var/lib/snapd/snap/snapcraft/7717/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snapcraft/cli.py", line 188, in run
    dispatcher.run()
  File "/var/lib/snapd/snap/snapcraft/7717/lib/python3.8/site-packages/craft_cli/dispatcher.py", line 406, in run
    return self._loaded_command.run(self._parsed_command_args)
  File "/var/lib/snapd/snap/snapcraft/7717/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snapcraft/commands/account.py", line 115, in run
    store.StoreClientCLI().login()
  File "/var/lib/snapd/snap/snapcraft/7717/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snapcraft/commands/store/client.py", line 187, in login
    credentials = self.store_client.login(
  File "/var/lib/snapd/snap/snapcraft/7717/lib/python3.8/site-packages/snapcraft/commands/store/_legacy_account.py", line 149, in login
    raise NotImplementedError("Cannot login with legacy")
NotImplementedError: Cannot login with legacy
[kebekus@kebekus-laptop ~]$ 

I have just discovered I have this issue too. @sergiusens @cmatsuoka, would either of you have thoughts on how to fix this? It currently blocks the ability to upload new snaps to the snap store.

I first saw this with the snapcraft in edge, but it happens with v7.0.7 in stable too.

Try these videos:

2 Likes

Yep I confirm that following this video fixed my issue.

1 Like

Is there a bug a report on the issue or someone working on a fix? Having online video is nice for those who will find them but a background upgrade shouldn’t simply let you with a non working system…

If we haven’t previously logged into snapcraft, are you saying that we need to install snapcraft 6 to be able to login, then save our credentials, then switch to snapcraft 7 and import those credentials? That seems like too many hoops to expect people to go through to use snapcraft 7 in a logged-in state.