Snapcraft build failing. "Failed to copy <path>: no such file or directory."

Hello there!

I’m new to snapcraft and have been building and releasing snaps for my app ascii-image-converter for the last 2 weeks without any difficulty. However, it recently started failing for some reason. I haven’t touched the snapcraft.yaml file except to change the version string. This is it’s current state:

name: ascii-image-converter
base: core18 
version: "1.3.3"
summary: Converts images into ascii art
description: |
  This tool converts images into ascii format and prints them onto the terminal window.
  Supported image formats are JPEG/JPG, PNG, WEBP, BMP and TIFF/TIF. Further configuration can be managed by flags.
grade: stable
confinement: strict

license: Apache-2.0

parts:
  ascii-image-converter:
    plugin: go
    go-importpath: github.com/TheZoraiz/ascii-image-converter
    source: .
    build-packages:
      - gcc

apps:
  ascii-image-converter:
    command: bin/ascii-image-converter
    plugs:
    - home
    - network

architectures:
  - build-on: amd64
    run-on: [amd64, i386, arm64, armhf, s390x, ppc64el]

And this is the error:

Launching a VM.
snap "snapd" has no updates available                                           
snapd is not logged in, snap install commands will use sudo
snap "core18" has no updates available
Skipping pull ascii-image-converter (already ran)
Updating build step for ascii-image-converter ('pull' step changed)
Failed to copy '/root/parts/ascii-image-converter/src/dist/ascii-image-converter_linux_arm64/ascii-image-converter': no such file or directory.
Check the path and try again.
Run the same command again with --debug to shell into the environment if you wish to introspect this failure.

I’m not familiar with the snapcraft build process so I don’t know how to debug this. Google searches also haven’t been very fruitful.

Also, I tried listing the contents in /root/and apparently there’s no such directory as /root/parts/ which is even more confusing

Would appreciate if someone could help me resolve this issue.

Fixed the issue by running snapcraft clean command in project root before building. I still don’t know what went wrong, but at least it’s building now :confused: