Snap store cannot find snap

I cannot figure out why certain snaps are not discoverable via the snap store desktop client. When searching for “Qt Creator”, it is supposed to find the snap qtcreator-ros.

This works in the web interface (https://snapcraft.io/search?q=Qt+Creator) and via the command line (snap search "Qt Creator"), but not via the desktop client:

Why is the desktop client unable to find a snap with the exact matching title? How can I improve the discoverability of my snap?

maybe @kenvandine can have a look here.

• Daniel

This is working for me.

What OS and release are you on?

From the screenshot, it looks like you are using a different version.

Ubuntu 20.04 and:

$ snap-store --version
gnome-software 3.38.1

I can reproduce this on two separate Ubuntu 20.04 systems.

When I install “Gnome Software” with the snap and flatpak plugins via deb, I don’t get any snap result for “Qt Creator”. “Ubuntu Software” eventually finds the snap but only in the 9th place. You can easily reproduce this with a Ubuntu 20.04 live system.

@roadmr @kenvandine Is this the intended behaviour? I could understand if there is no sophisticated search, but this even fails to place the exact title string match into the first 3 results. The top 8 results do not have to do anything with Qt Creator or another IDE.

I’m on 22.04 with the version of snap-store provided in 22.04. Please try snap-store from edge? The version from edge is in 22.04 already and we will promote it to stable after it’s been thoroughly tested across distros.

I would be very interested to hear if you have the same problem on 20.04 with the latest snap-store from 22.04.

I updated snap-store to version 41.3 from the edge channel and it does now show “Qt Creator” in the first place.

Overall, the search results are much more reasonable now. If I search for “creator” it will show the same results as before, which contained the USB Creator and Qt Creator etc (as expected). And searching “usb creator” will indeed only show the USB stick creator.

Great, this version will hit the stable channel soon.