Snap run app: cannot find app in app

Hi all!

I installed tk-safe: sudo snap install tk-safe ; it’s an app from my health insurance company snap run tk-safe: ‘Fehler: Kann Anwendung “tk-safe” nicht in “tk-safe” finden’ in en-us: ‘Error: Cannot find application “tk-safe” in “tk-safe”’ Any ideas on locating the fault? My health insurance company has been informed, but that naturally takes a long time :frowning:

That error indicates the snap has been packaged incorrectly. That needs to be fixed by the packager.

Depending upon what mistake has been made, it might be possible for someone with experience of debugging snap packaging to identify and work around the problem and get the app to run “by hand”. But who, apart from the packager (who needs to understand the problem to fix it), would have motivation to do that?

The desktop menu should work.

From the CLI, to open it, you’d use tk-safe.app.

The .app isn’t usually required, it’s usually used when a single app provides multiple binaries/commands, which this doesn’t. The maintainer can change this to just being tk-safe but that’s not something a user can override without messing with the snap directly and then denying it automatic updates by not being seen as the original.

Usually snap alias can help but not in this exact situation unfortunately, as it can’t alias the package name itself, but you could do e.g:

james@James-Desktop:~$ sudo snap alias tk-safe.app tksafe
Added:
  - tk-safe.app as tksafe

done, and: snap run tksafe Fehler: Kann Anwendung “tksafe” nicht in “tksafe” finden

The desktop menu should work.

no

Can we verify at this point if any snaps work, could you give something like Firefox a go and see if it responds as expected?

This kind of error isn’t one I’d expect even considering differences in hardware/OS.

Can you please give the output of snap version and snap info tk-safe

snap run stegano, btop, anything runs except tksafe

snap version:

snap 2.61.1 snapd 2.61.1 series 16 ubuntu 22.04 kernel 6.5.0-15-generic

snap info tk-safe:

name: tk-safe summary: TK-Safe publisher: Techniker Krankenkasse (die-techniker) store-url: Install TK-Safe on Linux | Snap Store contact: https://www.tk.de/techniker/leistungen-und-mitgliedschaft/kontakt-2069890 license: unset description: | Was ist die TK-Safe Desktop-Version?

Die Desktop-Version von TK-Safe ermöglicht TK-Versicherten den Zugriff auf die Dokumentenverwaltung der elektronischen Patientenakte über Ihren Computer und ist eine Alternative zum Zugriff per Smartphone.

Wichtig zu wissen: Die TK-Extra-Services von TK-Safe, wie die Impf-, Vorsorgeempfehlungen oder TK-Abrechnungsdaten sind nicht Teil der Desktop-Version, sondern ausschließlich die Dokumentenverwaltung, mit der Sie Ihre Dokumente sicher speichern und mit Ärzt:innen, Krankenhäusern und Apotheken teilen können.

Welche Funktionen bietet die Desktop-Version?

• Verwalten Sie Ihre Dokumente nutzerfreundlich auf einem größeren Bildschirm.
  • Laden Sie Ihre Dokumente direkt vom Computer in Ihre Akte hoch oder herunter.
  • Vergeben Sie Berechtigungen und Vertraulichkeitsstufen für Ihre behandelnden Ärzt:innen.
  • Stellen Sie Dokumente und Gesundheitsdaten Ihren Ärzt:innen zur Verfügung.
  • Richten Sie Ihre Vertreter:innen ein. Denen steht ein separater Login über die Desktop-Version zur Verfügung.

Wie sieht es mit der Sicherheit aus?

Gesundheitsdaten sind hochsensible Informationen und verdienen bestmöglichen Schutz: Daher benötigen Sie für den Login in der Desktop-Version Ihre elektronische Gesundheitskarte (eGK), den dazugehörigen PIN sowie ein Kartenlesegerät.

Bitte beachten Sie, dass eine Registrierung für ein ePA-Konto nicht über die Desktop-Version möglich ist, sondern über Ihr Smartphone erfolgen muss.

Welche Voraussetzungen gibt es für die Nutzung?

• Bestehende TK-Versicherung
  • Registrierte elektronische Patientenakte
  • Kartenlesegerät basierend auf neuesten Sicherheitsstandards
  • Gesundheitskarte und dazugehörige PIN
  • Mindestens die Betriebssystemversion ubuntu 20.04 LTS commands:
  • tk-safe.app services: tk-safe.pcscd: simple, enabled, inactive snap-id: rLNeIGEaag0TKFQLO0TxF3ARXg3rcTNx tracking: latest/stable refresh-date: heute um 16:02 CET channels: latest/stable: 23.3.0 2023-08-02 (8) 116MB - latest/candidate: ↑
    latest/beta: 23.3.0 2023-07-31 (8) 116MB - latest/edge: ↑
    installed: 23.3.0 (8) 116MB -

Ah sorry, I see what’s going on; you don’t need to snap run tksafe, with the alias, it’s literally just tksafe. It’d be snap run tk-safe.app - but in most cases snap run isn’t needed at all, similarly, the alias itself isn’t actually needed, tk-safe.app should work fine without using snap run.

tk-safe.app should work fine without using snap run. no

just tksafe no

runs not on my 3 maschines

I found this: kernel: [ 660.056786] audit: type=1400 audit(1706374773.370:107): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“open” class=“file” profile=“snap.tk-safe.app” name=“/mnt/Pictures/” pid=53790 comm=“head” requested_mask=“r” denied_mask=“r” fsuid=1000 ouid=0

What the hell does tk-safe want in my images? And where do I turn it off?

You don’t need to worry about “DENIED” operations, they have been prevented.

The packaging of this Snap is badly done. in addition to the weird tk-safe.app naming, It is a base20 snap (i.e. based on Ubuntu 20.04) but “connects” to gnome-3-28-1804 (based on Ubuntu 18.04) mixing bases like this is at best unhelpful. There are other “connections” that look wrong too (unity7?!).

I think the best approach is to first get the packaging fixed by the Snap owner:

$ snap info tk-safe | grep contact
contact:   https://www.tk.de/techniker/leistungen-und-mitgliedschaft/kontakt-2069890
1 Like

Thanks a lot, i’ll send your information to the ‘Techniker Krankenkasse’.

Regards

LinuxOpa