Snap ownership groups

Hi,

There’s a couple of snaps we have where we’d like to change the ownership. If see a few similar topics, what I’d really like to do is get some guidance on how we can set a team or group to own a snap - maybe using something like Launchpad groups. It’s more usual that teams want to have rights on a snap than individuals, and in particular we have a couple that need changes now.

One is the prometheus-ceph-exporter snap, currently owned by jhebden who has left the company and won’t be wanting to maintain the snap any longer. Ideally this would be owned by ~prometheus-charmers.

The other is bootstack-ops, which I own, and would like to transfer the ownership to ~canonical-is-bootstack.

I don’t know if those groups exist in the store though - and if not, is it possible to change that?

2 Likes

go to https://dashboard.snapcraft.io, select the snap you want to share, click the “collaboration” link in the menu on the left, add a comma separated list of SSO account mail addresses for the people you want to share with and click the green button underneath … once they confirmed the mail they got, they will find the package in their own dashboard page and are able to upload, release and modify the packages.

1 Like

Thanks, if I understand that correctly, it means adding individuals. That means for every snap the team maintains, every change to the team means changing every snap. It’s a recipe for errors.

What we’d like to achieve is having groups, just like there exists in Launchpad. Is that possible?

1 Like

I think it sadly is not. Ubuntu SSO (login.ubuntu.com) does currently not have a concept of groups, for the moment you will likely have to copy/paste the comma separated list from snap to snap (someone from the store team please correct me if thats wrong)

2 Likes

Correct, the Snap Store does not support groups currently. So adding individual collaborators and also requesting a transfer of the snap to an account detached from a single individual is they suggested method.

1 Like

Given that, we have no choice but to add names until/if that changes.

Can I therefore ask if someone can please assist to transfer the ownership of the prometheus-ceph-exporter charm from James Hebden to myself? He’s left Canonical and won’t have access to his old canonical.com email address, and the other address on the snap giorgio.diguardia@canonical.com is also unreachable.

Hi @xavpaice,

I’ve checked the status of the prometheus-ceph-exporter snap and transferred it to you, from James Hebden.

Cheers!

• Daniel