Snap osb-studio fails to start due to libQt5Core.so.5: cannot open shared object file

The issue I am having is on cent7.6. I do have the software installed on our cent7.6 machine but when I go to run the software I get an error,

Both the root user and the flame user have the same error, 2:17PM root @ flame6 ~# snap run obs-studio /snap/obs-studio/1284/usr/bin/obs: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Core.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[flame@flame6 ~]$ snap run obs-studio /snap/obs-studio/1284/usr/bin/obs: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Core.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I tried to write a ln into the /snap/obs-studio/1284/usr/bin/ as root but it keeps telling me the directory is only readable. Also tried to copy in the software, but same issue directory is only readable.

As a sanity check my rocky machine is running a gnome desktop and the flame is running KDE. Could there be any gotchas in the two environments?

please let me know if you have any insight on the solve for this issue. thanks in advance

Snap OBS is very old. and I don’t think it’s recommendable. Though, I was working on it, but the kde content snaps needs to be fixed first, for it to go on.

@sgmoore any update?

It is the extension, not the content pack. I have a PR in to fix extension. Cheers, Scarlett

1 Like

Good morning and thanks for getting back to us. Is this something I can resolve? I am not sure what a “PR” is?

Please let me know if you have any questions, thanks again

The snap itself is outdated and needs to be rebuilt. @soumyaDghosh has expressed desire in doing so but needs the PR ( pull request ) I have submitted to upstream snapcraft to get merged in and released before they can continue their efforts. Unfortunately, as the user of the outdated snap, there is nothing that can be done except wait for a new release.

this is the current state of OBS