Snap of an Electron app GTK3 dialog not themed

I have a small electron UI for docker. Using electron-builder to build the snap. When running from the unpacked build. The dialogs look just fine. But when running from the snap package, the dialog does not reflect any GTK3 theme. No drop-shadow, border or style at all. Does anyone know if this is an electron-builder issue or a snap package issue? BTW, I’m, using classic confinement.

1 Like

Did you find a solution for this? I have the same with a GTK3 Vala application. Building from source works fine but the snap does not show the shadows around the window.

Played a bit more with this. The theming looks fine in Adwaita or HighContrast but not in Ambiance or Radiance. Tried this on Ubunutu 18.04.

Nope, I haven’t fount anything and I noticed it happens in Atom too. Even the file dialog looks terrible. It varies based on the theme. Seems like snaps GTK3+ Theme is broken. Only stock themes works fine.

1 Like

I am having a very similar issue: GTK3 native app, no window shadows, no borders, cant resize the window etc… I have noticed that this happens if I use headerbars instead of traditional titlebars in gtk. Only the default Ambiance theme seems to be affected, as @fiber mentioned.

In 16.04, all works fine.
In 18.04.1, these problems occur.

If I run the gtk app outside the snap container in 18.04.1, then everything works as expected. I am going to assume that the problem is somewhere in the snap sphere…

Edit: Btw, did anyone find the problem? The last post was a month ago…