Snap failing to build on build.snapcraft.io

I’ve got a snap that has started failing to build on build.snapcraft.io:

It previously worked just fine, and builds without error locally on my laptop. The error looks related to a missing gcc package:

error: linker `i386-linux-gnu-gcc` not found
  |
  = note: No such file or directory (os error 2)

But I’m not sure why it’s working locally if that’s the case.

Can you share your snapcraft.yaml please? It might help us to replicate the issue or otherwise identify the problem.

For those playing along at home, I found the source at https://github.com/knkski/rust-libjuju. I, too, cannot replicate the build.snapcraft.io failure locally that @knkski encountered but cannot replicate themself.

@lucyllewy: Thanks for the quick response, that is indeed my snapcraft.yaml

Update: I removed i386 from the list of supported architectures, and the build ran on amd64 and worked great.

That’s weird. I wonder what about the i386 architecture was causing it to fail?

@knkski I fixed this issue at snapcraft v3.5.1. Now build.snapcraft.io is updated to v3.5.1. Could you re-try it?

@dalance: Looks like this is now fixed. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone. I’m having trouble in this area as well. I maintain the ‘dwarffortress’ snap and just today I have managed to build my snap successfully on build.snapcraft.io, except it is failing to release.

I have made three attempts, each took no longer than five minutes but fails to release after the better part of an hour.

No recent changes, this is just a manual build to update the outdated packages inside. My GitHub for this is https://github.com/ultraviolet-1986/df. I’d appreciate any insights into this as I can’t seem to find any errors in the logs for each of the three failed releases.

If it helps, I am using Fedora 30 and I login to the site to manually build and then push it to stable using the snapcraft snap package. Thank you very much for your time.

@ultraviolet you might get more traction by starting a new topic. FWIW I’ve got one snap that refuses to release no matter how many times I build it on build.snapcraft.io. This has been occurring for my snap (supertuxkart) for multiple months but we’ve still not got to the bottom of what’s causing it. You might find more information by clicking the text “built, failed to release” text - it’s a link; there’s work in progress to make that more identifiable as a possible action.

Thanks, I’m going to open a new topic to clarify after some experimentation I did earlier.