Running 'snap' and 'sudo' from within a python snap

Hello, I am trying to pack (testapp) a python script that connects GTK snaps to custom themes. The script runs a few shell commands which start with:

‘snap list’, ‘snap connections’ or ‘sudo snap connect/disconnect’

Everything works fine in --devmode, however, when I try to test the snap in strict mode I get:

/bin/sh: 1: snap: Permission denied
/bin/sh: 1: sudo: Permission denied

The output from ‘sudo /snap/bin/snappy-debug.security scanlog testapp’ is the following:

= AppArmor =
Time: May 8 18:39:57
Log: apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile=“snap.testapp.testapp” name="/snap/snapd/7264/usr/bin/snap" pid=12149 comm=“sh” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0
File: /snap/snapd/7264/usr/bin/snap (exec)
Suggestions:

• adjust snap to ship ‘snap’
  • adjust program to use relative paths if the snap already ships ‘snap’

= AppArmor =
Time: May 8 18:40:32
Log: apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“exec” profile=“snap.testapp.testapp” name="/usr/bin/sudo" pid=12204 comm=“sh” requested_mask=“x” denied_mask=“x” fsuid=1000 ouid=0
File: /usr/bin/sudo (exec)
Suggestions:

• adjust snap to ship ‘sudo’
  • adjust program to use relative paths if the snap already ships ‘sudo’

I assume that I am not allowed to use ‘sudo’ or call other snaps from within a given snap in strict mode.

Is there a way around that? I tried with ‘confinement: classic’ but it does not work with ‘extensions: [gnome-3-28]’

the only way to call (the equivalent of) the snap command from a snap is the snapd-control interface which allows access to the snapd REST API … but this interface is restricted to brand stores, snaps in the global store are normally not allowed to use it.

I was wondering why the snapd-control plug didn’t work for me, it makes sense now.

As a workaround I also tried the ‘after: [desktop-gtk3]’ approach in the .yaml file rather than using ‘extensions: [gnome-3-28]’.

The snap can run in a classic confinement at the moment.