RPi 4B, Minetest GLXBadContext

I’m using Raspberry Pi OS 32-bit 10 (buster), running Pulseaudio, and getting this
error:

pi@RaspberryPi4B:~ $ snap run minetest
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem-${PLATFORM}.so’ from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object ‘/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem-${PLATFORM}.so’ from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
2020-08-16 12:02:06: WARNING[Main]: system-wide share not found at “/share/minetest”
2020-08-16 12:02:06: WARNING[Main]: system-wide share found at “/snap/minetest/1620/bin/…/share/minetest”
2020-08-16 12:02:06: WARNING[Main]: Couldn’t find a locale directory!
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open vc4 (search paths /snap/minetest/1620/usr/lib/armhf-linux-gnu/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: vc4
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open vc4 (search paths /snap/minetest/1620/usr/lib/armhf-linux-gnu/dri)
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /snap/minetest/1620/usr/lib/armhf-linux-gnu/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error: GLXBadContext
Request Major code 152 (GLX)
Request Minor code 6 ()
Error Serial #50
Current Serial #49
pi@RaspberryPi4B:~ $

Thanks in advance for any help.

I am having the same Issue.

Not sure what could be the issue. I just installed the minetest Snap v5.3.0. Does not seem like libGL is working with the snap, because I can run glxgears, so it seems like the GL drivers are working for that.

I am very new to snaps, so don’t know if the GL drivers should be installed into the snap or activated some how.

I get this error:

ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
2021-01-27 13:07:38: WARNING[Main]: system-wide share not found at "/share/minetest"
2021-01-27 13:07:38: WARNING[Main]: system-wide share found at "/snap/minetest/1620/bin/../share/minetest"
2021-01-27 13:07:38: WARNING[Main]: Couldn't find a locale directory!
ALSA lib conf.c:3916:(snd_config_update_r) Cannot access file /usr/share/alsa/alsa.conf
ALSA lib pcm.c:2495:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
AL lib: (EE) ALCplaybackAlsa_open: Could not open playback device 'default': No such file or directory
2021-01-27 13:07:38: ERROR[Main]: Audio: Global Initialization: Failed to open device
libGL error: MESA-LOADER: failed to open swrast (search paths /snap/minetest/1620/usr/lib/armhf-linux-gnu/dri)
libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
X Error:  GLXBadContext
  Request Major code 155 (GLX)
  Request Minor code 6 ()
  Error Serial #50
  Current Serial #49

Snap updated 23 February, 2021.

Still broken. Same error.

Raspberry Pi 3B+.
Raspberry Pi OS a.k.a. Raspbian 10 (buster) 32bit

Legacy non-GL desktop driver: same failure
OpenGL with fake KMS: same failure
OpenGL with full KMS: same failure

Absolutely clean fresh install. Updated apt. Installed snapd. Installed minetest snap. Literally nothing else done with this install. No good. Maybe some dependency is missing? I thought snap was supposed to eliminate dependencies.

This thread is now seven months old, but the snap I installed was updated last month (23 February, 2021), almost a month after the most recent reply (27 January, 2021) describing this error. Meanwhile the failure persists. Is this snap being tested before publishing? Surely someone has gotten it to work. If so, how?

While we’re dealing with OpenGL dependency issues with Mesa, maybe the maintainers of the raspberry pi minetest snap should instead build minetest’s custom Irrlicht engine against the raspberry’s Broadcom EGL and GLES drivers (statically linked if possible) for the built-in VC4 GPU instead of the slower Mesa. I mean if it’s a Pi specific release, shouldn’t it take advantage of the Pi’s specific hardware?

I’ll try again with this snap with an rPi 400 when that finally arrives.

my guess would be that it gets probably only tested on an ubuntu installation …

you should probably try to use the contact link in the snap instead of the forum:

$ snap info minetest|grep ^contact

If you’re refering to the instructions that appear here, I believe it simply appears if the snap has an ARM build, it doesn’t mean the build was literally designed for a Raspberry Pi, just that it should probably be compatible based on the available metadata of the supported CPU architectures.