Rookie Install Issue

I received this message when installing MMEX on CentOS 7, (a newly built vm with current updates)

MoneyManager EX Install Warning even after reboot and re-login
Warning: /var/lib/snapd/snap/bin was not found in your $PATH. If you’ve not restarted your session
since you installed snapd, try doing that. Please see How to fix snap binaries not found
for more details.
Money Manager seems to be working just want to know if this is something I need to address.
Read doc above and still confused.

hi @Panama, usually you need reboot the system make sure the pathway is setup. I would try removing and reinstall the snap and make sure follow every step. :slight_smile:

I followed those steps exactly 3 times on a fresh vm every time.

Okay, you’re running on VM that makes more sense now. So on a VM that warning does happen but everything should work fine and be okay use. :+1:

Is there a reason why it shows a warning when running a vm?

It has to do with the system sources environment variables from different files depending on what kind of shell you’re running. environment.d manual

So something to try to correct the pathway on the VM is provided below.

sudo mkdir /etc/environment.d

sudo echo -e “PATH=”/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/sbin:/snap/bin"\nXDG_DATA_DIRS="/usr/local/share:/usr/share:/var/lib/snapd/desktop"" > /etc/environment.d/60-snap-icons-and-bin.conf

sudo reboot now

I’ll give it a try, thanks.