Review-tools doesn't know what private shared memory is

Please can somebody update the review-tools snap that is used by the store to allow the use of private shared memory. I’m getting my snap hard-rejected with no human review possible despite private shared memory working fine with snapd 2.55.3.

(The snap in question is MakeMKV, but fixing it only for me won’t help anybody else using the interface! I see that the Steam snap also uses this interface, so how then is it fair that Canonical are allowed to override the rules for their own Snaps - this goes against transparency and accountability ideals.)

1 Like

Hi there - sorry for this, the review-tools update is in the pipeline and should be deployed sometime next week. (Some tests needed updating and that made it take longer than usual - I take no credit, I didn’t update the tests as I got sucked into other tasks )

• Daniel
1 Like

I’ve just deployed the update of review-tools, can you please retry your upload?

Let me know if something doesn’t work.

• Daniel
1 Like

will do :-)… clicks the “buildin’, buildin’, buildin’, make them dawgies a-buildin’, rawhide” button

yeah, it would really help to have a “Re-Upload” button for rejected packages … i’m sitting in front of my zoom-client “building soon” too …

1 Like

This private shared memory support, however, is a game changer for any snap that needs to use the snapcraft-preload purely for the shmem bits

2 Likes