Request to transfer ownership of intel-npu-driver to Canonical publisher

Hello, I’m an engineer on Canonical’s Partner Engineering Intel squad. I just uploaded a new snap called intel-npu-driver under my personal account (wfrench) which is pending manual review.

You can find more details about the snap (including the snapcraft.yaml) in this repo: GitHub - canonical/intel-npu-driver-snap: Snap recipe for the Intel® NPU Driver (https://github.com/intel/linux-npu-driver/)

Pending approval of the snap, we would like to request to transfer ownership of the snap to Canonical as the publisher.

One important detail is that we aim to publish the snap under grade devel for now and release only under edge and beta channels, which I understand is not typical for snaps published under Canonical. This is consistent with our approach to deb packaging for Intel, where we publish the packages in the archive under universe before we are ready to claim the package is ready for long-term maintenance and support under main.

Thank you!

Hey, @wfrench !

I see your snap is already approved.

One important detail is that we aim to publish the snap under grade devel

I suppose you should test your snap in the edge channel, promote it to beta, and make it public. Then we could perform the transfer to the Canonical account.

Have a great working week!

Hi, @drednout !

That’s great, but where do you see that the snap is already approved? When I check under the dashboard under revision 2 (which is the latest) the status shows “Manual review pending”.

1 Like

That’s great, but where do you see that the snap is already approved?

Oh, yeah, I’ve misinterpreted the output of one of APIs. Sorry about that!

Indeed, you need to wait for a review from @review-team due to the following errors after automatic review:

human review required due to 'allow-installation' constraint (bool) declaration-snap-v2_plugs_installation (intel-npu-fw, kernel-firmware-control)

human review required due to 'allow-installation' constraint (bool) declaration-snap-v2_plugs_installation (intel-npu-kmod, kernel-module-control)

human review required due to 'allow-installation' constraint (bool) declaration-snap-v2_slots_installation (intel-npu, custom-device)
1 Like

Got it - just to clarify - I don’t need a separate forum post to track the manual review, correct?

I have also created a separate post for requesting autoconnections for the snap here: Interface autoconnections request for intel-npu-driver

Hey @wfrench

We will be taking a look to manual review in Interface autoconnections request for intel-npu-driver, so you don’t need a separate post for it :slight_smile:

2 Likes