Request to add track "22-igx" to tegra and tegra-kernel

Hi there,

I work on Canonical’s Nvidia Tegra/Jetson team and we are working on enabling Ubuntu Core with Jetson platforms. The gadget and kernel snaps are “tegra” and “tegra-kernel”, respectively, and I’d like to publish to track “22-igx” since our current work uses the tegra-igx kernel.

Thanks!

2 Likes

@odysseus-k /@verterok can you please help with the requested track? Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

22-igx has been successfully created for the tegra snap. Since tegra-kernel is still in a “Pending Review” state, we will be able to create the channel for it as soon as it passes the review. Please let me know when this happens and I’ll create the 22-igx track for it too.

Thanks,

Odysseus

2 Likes

Hi @odysseus-k, I forgot to mention, can tegra and tegra-kernel publishers be switched to Canonical as well? The tegra-kernel upload is still pending review (has been for about a week, should I continue waiting?) so I’m not sure if it’s possible to change the publisher, but I will ping again once it has passed review so the track and publisher can be changed. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

As a general rule, snaps owned by the Canonical publisher account should have the appropriate metadata to ensure their proper presentation on snapcraft.io. I see that both snaps already have a description and summary filled out (although I reckon it’d be even better if they were a bit more detailed :slight_smile: )- so it’d be great if you could also add proper icons to them.

Moreover, the snaps should have a stable-channel release (and proper maintenance) before they are transferred to Canonical. This is particularly important as they will be linked with Canonical’s name and failing to do so may create the impression of incomplete software which is not what we want to convey from our maintained snaps.

Once the above are done, let me know and I can complete their transfer to the Canonical account.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like

Understood. I’ll fill out all the details for the snaps, but since these snaps are still new and somewhat unstable, I will discuss with the team what the proper publication and maintenance details are, for the time being. I’ll get back to you after all that is finalized and will let you know if this change is still desired. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi again, tegra-kernel just passed review so I believe it is ready for the 22-igx track.

1 Like

Hi,

The 22-igx track has been successfully created for tegra-kernel.

Thanks,

Odysseus

2 Likes

I have confirmed we do want to switch the publisher to Canonical. I have added the stable channels and my team will maintain the gadget snap. The kernel snap will be maintained in similar fashion to existing kernel snaps through the kernel SRU process (updates every few weeks).

As far as the branding/listing details, is it possible to move forward now and change those later? It seems like some existing Canonical snaps have a similar situation (e.g. pi gadget, pc-kernel), so I was wondering if that would be acceptable for these tegra snaps. Otherwise, we can start talks with marketing. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

I think it is OK to change the branding details later but could you please, at least, update the contact and license information? I think they should be simple enough to include. Once these are filled out I’ll go ahead and complete the transfer to the Canonical account.

Thanks,

Odysseus

Sure thing! I have updated the contact and license fields for both snaps.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for updating them. Both snaps have now been transferred to the Canonical publisher account.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like

Perfect, thanks so much for the help!

1 Like