Request: PostScript Printer Application Snap (“ps-printer-app”) auto connection to avahi-control, raw-usb interfaces

As leader of the OpenPrinting project I am not only maintaining the CUPS Snap but also the PostScript Printer Application, a printer driver for all PostScript printers in the new Printer Application format, emulating a driverless IPP printers:

I have also reserved the name “ps-printer-app” in the Snap Store and activated the build service so that the Snap gets automatically built for several architectures whenever something gets committed.

As a next step I need some interfaces to get connected automatically.

These interfaces are:

• avahi-control: For registering the printers in Avahi, so that they DNS-SD-advertise themselves, like physical IPP network printers
  • raw-usb: To support printers connected to USB

These interfaces got also approved for connecting automatically in my CUPS Snap.

+1 for me for auto-connect avahi-control and raw-usb to ps-printer-app snap since both are clearly needed for the snap to operate.

+1 for auto-connecting both. They are needed for expected operation of this snap as discussed in the other thread.

+1 from me as well for both of these accesses.

+3 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of raw-usb and avahi-control for ps-printer-app. This is now live.

Thank you very much!

I will update README.md soon.

Till

1 Like