Request for transfer of "links" snap to snapcrafters

Hey

Epochs ago I made the links snap as a proof of concept and demo. I would like to relinquish control of that snap and transfer it to the snapcrafters team for ongoing maintenance.

Has the source code been imported into the github snapcrafters organisation?

I don’t think I have the source code anymore, it was in the early days and I think I just made it manually (perhaps).

Later on it was a trivial diet-packages snap.

@lucyllewy if you agree to the transfer even if the source is not in github snapcrafters, I can do that for you. You’re both known to me so the identity verification step will be easier :slight_smile:

poke @lucyllewy are you OK with this?

:joy::joy::joy: I’m guessing you meant ‘epochs ago’ xD

As a member of the Snapcrafters org (albeit not a very active one) I think this is problematic, how will we maintain the snap if we don’t have the snapcraft.yaml?

I think what @zyga-snapd is suggesting is to transfer the name but apparently the snapcraft.yaml would have to be written from scratch.

I’ll monitor this tread for agreement from snapcrafters and act (or not!) once a decision has been reached.

The yaml is trivial. I had already made it before triggering the conversation by asking @zyga-snapd to request the transfer. I didn’t realise he’d lost the yaml, but it didn’t matter as I had already made one before I knew he’d registered it.

I’ve pushed it to snapcrafters.

1 Like

in that case then it’s fine to transfer the snap ownership :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah if we’ve got a working snapcraft.yaml then it can be transferred :slight_smile: Also @roadmr (or @popey) please set the contact field to https://github.com/snapcrafters/links/issues

1 Like

I will once it transfers.

1 Like

Transfer complete :ballot_box_with_check:

(cc: @roadmr )

3 Likes

Thank you!

https://build.snapcraft.io/user/snapcrafters/links now building!

1 Like

@sparkiegeek this transfer doesn’t appear to have worked properly.

I can see the snap in the dashboard when logged in as snapcrafters, build has pushed to the store, but I have a lxc container here which doesn’t seem to think it owns that snap.

It crashes.

root@snapcrafters:~# snapcraft status links
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/snapcraft", line 9, in <module>
    load_entry_point('snapcraft==2.40', 'console_scripts', 'snapcraft')()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 542, in load_entry_point
    return get_distribution(dist).load_entry_point(group, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2569, in load_entry_point
    return ep.load()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2229, in load
    return self.resolve()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/pkg_resources/__init__.py", line 2235, in resolve
    module = __import__(self.module_name, fromlist=['__name__'], level=0)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/snapcraft/cli/__main__.py", line 43, in <module>
    run(prog_name='snapcraft')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 716, in __call__
    return self.main(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 696, in main
    rv = self.invoke(ctx)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 1060, in invoke
    return _process_result(sub_ctx.command.invoke(sub_ctx))
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 889, in invoke
    return ctx.invoke(self.callback, **ctx.params)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/click/core.py", line 534, in invoke
    return callback(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/snapcraft/cli/store.py", line 247, in status
    snapcraft.status(snap_name, series, arch)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/snapcraft/_store.py", line 717, in status
    status = store.get_snap_status(snap_name, series, arch)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/snapcraft/storeapi/_store_client.py", line 194, in get_snap_status
    self.sca.snap_status, snap_id, series, arch)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/snapcraft/storeapi/_store_client.py", line 85, in _refresh_if_necessary
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/snapcraft/storeapi/_sca_client.py", line 281, in snap_status
    url = 'snaps/' + snap_id + '/state'
TypeError: Can't convert 'NoneType' object to str implicitly

root@snapcrafters:~# snapcraft whoami
email:        snap-advocacy@canonical.com
developer-id: (redacted)
root@snapcrafters:~# snapcraft  list-registered | grep links
root@snapcrafters:~# 
2 Likes

Looks like you hit a bug in the store. I’ve added a store task to the bug in Launchpad. Will discuss with the rest of the store team and figure out a way forward - thanks for helping to debug this.

3 Likes