Request for tracks: cmake

CMake follows releases numbered like 3.14.5 where 3.14 would be a feature release and 3.14.5 would be a patch release. The latest official release is 3.14.5 and the 3.15 series is currently in release candidate stage. I’d like to request tracks be created with the following names:

CMake also has a nightly build and it would be good to have a separate track for those too. Could the following track also please be approved to capture that:

nightly

I will eventually look into creating another track for master builds, but for now, the above three tracks should be enough for me to get the important releases and builds covered.

2 Likes

:+1: from me.

Actually, don’t worry about creating the β€œnightly” track. I may not be able to easily implement what I had intended for that one, so let’s defer it. The 3.14 and 3.15 tracks are definitely needed though.

Hey!

I spoke to @crascit in person to clarify the usual questions when tracks like this are requested:

• Cmake has 3 releases per year so the release cadence is great for use of tracks.
  • Though Cmake strives for backwards compatibility, users can and do choose to use an older release for stability reasons, which is a valid use case for tracks.

I have created the above tracks, since we were able to fast-track the process of discussing this with the developers, we have at least 4 snap reviewers here at the Snapcraft Summit, and the CMake use case is a good match for use of tracks.

Cheers,

• Daniel

(Requesting this here so the context with previous tracks is preserved. Let me know if you prefer a new request for these tracks instead.)

Can a new track please be created for the next upcoming CMake feature release series (likely to start in a month or so). The track name should be β€œ3.16”, consistent with the existing 3.14 and 3.15 tracks. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

Hello,

I’ve created 3.16 per the above criteria (my +1 as reviewer given Simplified track request process for snaps with predictable cadence).

Cheers!

• Daniel

Can a new track please be created for the next CMake feature release series, which started today. The track name should be β€œ3.17”, consistent with the existing tracks for earlier feature releases. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

Hello!

3.17 is now created, per my +1 as reviewer and Simplified track request process for snaps with predictable cadence.

• Daniel

Can a new track please be created for the next CMake feature release series, which is expected to start soon. The track name should be β€œ3.18”, consistent with the existing tracks for earlier feature releases. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

Hi there,

3.18 track has just been created, per usual.

Enjoy!

• Daniel

Can a new track please be created for the next CMake feature release series, which has just begun its next release candidate phase. The track name should be β€œ3.19”, consistent with the existing tracks for earlier feature releases. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

+1 from me as reviewer, your track was fast-tracked and is now available for use.

• Daniel

Can a new track please be created for the next CMake feature release series, which is about to begin its next release candidate phase. The track name should be β€œ3.20”, consistent with the existing tracks for earlier feature releases. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

Absolutely. +1 from me as reviewer, the track is now available. Thanks for all the work on the CMake snap :slight_smile:

• Daniel

Can a new track please be created for the next CMake feature release series, which will begin its next release candidate phase soon. The track name should be β€œ3.21”, consistent with the existing tracks for earlier feature releases. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

Hi, the 3.21 track is created (+1 from me as reviewer).

Cheers,

• Daniel

Can a new track please be created for the next CMake feature release series, which will begin its next release candidate phase shortly. The track name should be β€œ3.22”, consistent with the existing tracks for earlier feature releases. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

Certainly! +1 as reviewer, the track is now available.

• Daniel

Can a new track please be created for the next CMake feature release series, which will begin its next release candidate phase shortly. The track name should be β€œ3.23”, consistent with the existing tracks for earlier feature releases. See previous comments above for the strategy and agreement on this usage of tracks.

Thanks.

Sure thing! +1 as reviewer, the track is now available.

• Daniel