Request for taking over the ownership of the snap neovide

I’d like to request for a transfer of the ownership of https://snapcraft.io/neovide to me. The snap hasn’t been touched in more than 2 years now and seems to be abandoned by the owner. I tried to contact the owner j4qfrost about a week ago but wasn’t able to get any response.

1 Like

Hey @poscat ! Thanks for your request.

Do you have some relation to GitHub - neovide/neovide: No Nonsense Neovim Client in Rust upstream? I see that j4qfrost is not active now, but there are some other maintainers in this project.

I could reach the previous maintainer, but for now it’s a little unclear why you are requested ownership transfer and will you have time to support this snap.

JFYI, I’ve raised this question to upstream on GH: Maintaining neovide snap · Issue #2852 · neovide/neovide · GitHub

Hi, I’m one of the maintainers of Neovide and I actually spent a considerable time trying to get the snap package to work myself.

But in the end, there were so many problems and after receiving no response here Need help with the snap for Neovide, I just gave up. But we would be very if someone that can solve the issues could take over. As mentioned in the thread, I do think it’s a bigger task than just Neovide though, we need proper support for the whole winit/rust echo system, not just for Neovide, but also for other Applications, like Alacritty. My WIP branch is also still available to serve as a starting point for the implementation.

We do have a permission from j4qfrost to transfer the ownership in our discord chat https://discord.com/channels/896132176091955261/896263985614168125/1127992697546870914. But we never went through with it. So, I believe an ownership transfer is OK, but before that I would like to see a working solution. Perhaps by sending a PR to our repository with the required updates. We might also decide to transfer the ownership to the Neovide organization and keep the whole development there, but that’s not something we need to decide right now.

1 Like

Hi Fred!

Thanks for the context and the detailed explanation.

were so many problems and after receiving no response here Need help with the snap for Neovide

Sorry about that, sometimes people are overloaded and some topics have to be bumped up.

I could help with the ownership transfer to some personal or organizational account, please let us know in case of any decisions in your community.

JFYI, somebody continues to use the snap, currently I see the following stats for today:

#### Weekly active devices
**684**

If someone needs classical confinement, they should create a separate forum request, similar to this one. All other problems inside the Need help with the snap for Neovide should be discussed separately, perhaps together with people from Snapcrafters · GitHub community.

Have a great week!