Request for system-files interfaces (read config file) for auto-cpufreq

Hello,

With recent PR auto-cpufreq has ability to read custom config files. As part of new branch, I made snapcraft.yaml changes which allow me to read contents of this file with snap.

After installing snap locally and manually connecting this interface: sudo snap connect auto-cpufreq:auto-cpufreq-config I was able to get desired effect.

Could you please allow this interface for auto-cpufreq so I make a new release and publish this updated version to Snap store?

Thank you,

Adnan

I could be wrong, but I think the required naming convention would be etc-auto-cpufreq-conf (to reflect the full name and path)

:+1: changes amended and pushed.

Are there any updates on this? Iā€™m waiting for this interface to be approved so I can make an app release.

Thank you

@ahodzic for completeness, you should include the details of the request here in the forum - I can see from the github link you posted earlier it looks like:

plugs:
   etc-auto-cpufreq-conf:
    interface: system-files
    read:
    - /etc/auto-cpufreq.conf

As auto-cpufreq is the clear owner of this file, +1 from me for read access to /etc/auto-cpufreq.conf via system-files named etc-auto-cpufreq-conf (thanks @ogra for preemptively guiding the correct naming convention here).

+1 from me as well for auto-connect system-files with read only access to /etc/auto-cpufreq.conf for the auto-cpufreq snap since it is the clear owner of such directory

1 Like

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting use-of and auto-connect of read access to /etc/auto-cpufreq.conf via system-files named etc-auto-cpufreq-conf for auto-cpufreq. This is now live.

1 Like