Request for review and manual approval

Hi Team,

I am building an opensource app called Freshenv . It helps developers by giving them isolated environments locally. The app uses the python api for docker to build images and start containers locally.

I would really like to publish and distribute this app via Snap, but it requires an approval. Could someone please find the time, review it and if possible approve it. Here is the link to the revision

Thank you!

Regards, RY

Hi, Can someone please look into this ?

Regards.

Hi,

Can some please give this a minute and go through it :pray:

before you wear out your keyboard, snap reviews usually take a few days (not sure on what schedule the @review-team does them, but i think it is roughly once a week or so), be patient :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am new here. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@raiyanyahya can you please detail what is being requested for approval for this snap? You original post doesn’t contain any details on what you are requesting or why this is required. Thanks.

Hi @alexmurray ,

The application uses the docker plug to build docker images locally and run them as containers.

It needs an approval for the use of the docker plug.

Thank You, Raiyan

Hi @alexmurray ,

Are the above details enough ? Should I provide more information ?

Regards, Raiyan Yahya

Thanks, +1 from me for use of docker for freshenv. Given this appears to be a primary function of the snap, I assume it cannot operate without this interface being connected? If so do you wish to also request this interface to be auto-connected when the snap is installed? If so given the privileged nature of the docker interface publisher vetting will be required. Thanks.

Thank you @alexmurray for the plus one. I do not need the auto connect feature right now. I will create a new request in the future if I need it. Will I be able to publish my revision after your +1 ? Also, would it be possible for me to use the alias “Fr” for the application ?

Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

Regards.

As per the Process for aliases, auto-connections and tracks two +1 votes are required before this can be granted.

Regarding the alias for fr - I can’t see any obvious conflict for this name. +1 from me for that too.

1 Like

Thank you @alexmurray .

Apologies for asking so many questions, I will read up more of the documentation.

I will wait for the second +1.

Thank you.

Regards, RY

+1 as well, docker is required for this app to work and it’s well-documented in its web page. The need to connect manually makes it a conscious choice as well.

• Daniel
1 Like

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting use of docker for freshenv. This is now live. @roadmr any chance you could vote on the alias request as well? Thanks.

2 Likes

Thank you @alexmurray and @roadmr for the approvals.

@roadmr would you be ok on giving a vote on the alias “fr” for freshenv. Thank you again for giving this your time.

Regards, RY

2-letter commands are typically well-known utilities, but I checked and there’s no known conflict with fr, so I’m +1 as well on the alias.

• Daniel
1 Like

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granted auto-alias of fr to the freshenv command in the freshenv snap. This is now live.

1 Like

Thank you @alexmurray @roadmr :slight_smile: