Request for personal files for dupliseek snap

I would like to request for a access to personal files specificly write access to directory $HOME/.local/share/Trash in users home directory

From snapcraft.yaml of dupliseek

plugs:
  dot-local-share-trash:
    interface: personal-files
    write:
      - $HOME/.local/share/Trash

We need access to trash because dupliseek is used to find duplicates in users images but because many of such scripts and programs are quite destructive we decided to create dupliseek with more control and a part of that control is UX feature that instead of just removing image from the file system it goes to the trash where user can later recover it or under his own decision remove it from the system when emptying the trash

EDIT:
Aditional explanation dupliseek snap is registered under the primary developers username while i deal with the packaging of these programs, My snap store username is different its bigpod

1 Like

+1 from me for dupliseek to be granted auto-connect of personal-files named dot-local-share-trash to $HOME/.local/share/Trash since as explained above, this seems to be an expected and obvious feature of dupliseek to be able to move files into the local user’s trash.

1 Like

+1 from me for auto-connect of the personal-files interface “$HOME/.local/share/Trash”.

1 Like

just a ping to @reviewers to get some engagment

1 Like

+2 votes for, 0 votes against personal-files instance dot-local-share-trash for write access to $HOME/.local/share/Trash for dupliseek. This is now live.

2 Likes

thanks and i have requested a manual review

1 Like