Request for human review for my flutter app snap

Hello, I created a flutter app and I need a human review to be able to publish it on the snap store.

Here is the github repo.

Here is the snapcraft.yaml:

name: batch-image-editor
version: 0.1.0
summary: Batch Image Editor
description: Basic image editor that can generate images using text from text files in batches.

confinement: strict
base: core18
grade: stable

slots:
  dbus-batch-image-editor:
    interface: dbus
    bus: session
    name: org.zlimits.batch_image_editor

apps:
  batch-image-editor:
    command: photo_editor
    extensions: [flutter-stable]
    plugs:
      - network
    slots:
      - dbus-batch-image-editor
parts:
  batch-image-editor:
    source: .
    plugin: flutter
    flutter-target: lib/main.dart

As for the dbus interface, I personally don’t need it in my project, but I copied it from the flutter docs. If it causes a problem, I can remove it if it will not break any functionality.

The app is a batch image generator app that can generate images based on text from source files (see the github repo for a video demo).

Thank you. @review-team

Please don’t create multiple topics for the same issue - I have already responded in your other thread that this has now been granted.

1 Like

@alexmurray thank you very much and sorry for opening a new post, but I did that based on the answer of someone on my original post that I should open a new topic: Human review required due to 'deny-connection' constraint (interface attributes)

@alexmurray I edited my snapcraft.yaml to include zenity in the project because the file_picker flutter library was throwing this error when I try to open a dialog to pick a file:

[ERROR:flutter/runtime/dart_vm_initializer.cc(41)] Unhandled Exception: Exception: Couldn't find the executable zenity in the path.
#0      isExecutableOnPath (package:file_picker/src/utils.dart:60)
<asynchronous suspension>
#1      FilePickerLinux._getPathToExecutable (package:file_picker/src/linux/file_picker_linux.dart:119)
#2      FilePickerLinux.getDirectoryPath (package:file_picker/src/linux/file_picker_linux.dart:64)
#3      FilePickerDefaultImpl.pickPath (package:photo_editor/services/file_picker/file_picker_impl.dart:34)

[ERROR:flutter/runtime/dart_vm_initializer.cc(41)] Unhandled Exception: Exception: Couldn't find the executable zenity in the path.
#0      isExecutableOnPath (package:file_picker/src/utils.dart:60)
#1      FilePickerLinux._getPathToExecutable (package:file_picker/src/linux/file_picker_linux.dart:119)
#2      FilePickerLinux.getDirectoryPath (package:file_picker/src/linux/file_picker_linux.dart:64)
#3      FilePickerDefaultImpl.pickPath (package:photo_editor/services/file_picker/file_picker_impl.dart:34)

So, according to this issue on github page of file_picker package, I updated my snapcraft.yaml to:

name: batch-image-editor
version: 0.1.0
summary: Batch Image Editor
description: Basic image editor that can generate images using text from text files in batches.

confinement: strict
base: core18
grade: stable

slots:
  dbus-batch-image-editor:
    interface: dbus
    bus: session
    name: org.zlimits.batch_image_editor

apps:
  batch-image-editor:
    command: photo_editor
    extensions: [flutter-stable]
    plugs:
      - network
    slots:
      - dbus-batch-image-editor
      - home
parts:
  zenity:
    plugin: nil
    stage-packages:
      - zenity
  batch-image-editor:
    after:
      - zenity
    source: .
    plugin: flutter
    flutter-target: lib/main.dart

Should I open a new issue or should I just tag the reviewers again here on this issue?

This failed since you have specified to slots: [home] - this should be under plugs - please change this and the snap should pass the automated review.

1 Like