Request for home for youtubedr

I am one of the maintainers of Youtube video downloader youtubedr written in Go. This tool needs to download files into the user folder. I’ve already registered the snap youtubedr.

the home interface should be sufficient to write things into the users home diretory … personal-files is mainly for “hidden” dirs (dirs starting with a dot) inside the home dir … is home not enough for you ? if not, you should clearly explain which hidden dir(s) you need in this request …

Yes, home is sufficient plus read permissions for $HOME/.youtubedr.yaml to read custom preferences.

Hey @corny,

Could you please update your snapcraft.yaml so it meets what’s defined in the personal-files doc:

Note, when declaring an instance of the personal-files plug as above, it should be named with a descriptive name that indicates to a user what access it grants. In this case, the name dot-config-foo is used to reflect the access to ~/.config/foo.

So in this case, the interface reference should be named: dot-youtubedr-yaml

Thanks!

Alright, I’ve just updated the snapcraft configuration and uploaded a new release.

+1 from me for use of personal-files with read access to $HOME/.youtubedr.yaml using the interface reference dot-youtubedr-yaml. Can other @reviewers please vote?

@corny, you are not requesting it, but do you also need auto-connect for this?

Thanks

+1 from me too for use of personal-files with read access to $HOME/.youtubedr.yaml using the interface reference dot-youtubedr-yaml - also +1 for auto-connect if this is requested since this makes sense for migrating existing configurations without user intervention.

auto-connect seems to make sense. I could not find a way to add it to the goreleaser.yml. Do you have any idea?

@corny,

Auto-connection is a declaration granted on the store side. You don’t need to add it anywhere.

I am +1 for auto-connect personal-files since youtubedr is the clear owner of such file. +2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of personal-files with read access to ~/.youtubedr.yaml using the interface reference dot-youtubedr-yaml. This is now live.