Request for classic confinement: vhdplus

Hello Snapcraft Community! ,
After trying (or failing) to publish our IDE with snap, I noticed that other IDEs use the classic confinement aswell.

VHDPlus IDE is our FPGA Programming environment we develop since 2019. It’s a .Net 5 application that is using the AvaloniaUI Framework.
It needs access to the file system as it needs access to Quartus Prime and we also want users to be able to store their projects in any space they want (Similar to VSCode).
You can find out more information about VHDPlus IDE and our company at vhdplus.com

Can someone please respond? Did I forget something or is this forum dead? :smiley:

No the forum is not dead, we are just quite busy so sometimes it takes a few days to respond.

In this case, this snap needs to access binaries outside the snap itself (Quartus Prime) and is itself an IDE so it meets both the requirements for classic confinement and fits within one of the existing categories for classic confinement to be granted as per Process for reviewing classic confinement snaps.

The requirements for classic confinement are understood. @advocacy can you please perform publisher vetting?

1 Like

Hopefully this will help with publisher vetting:
https://vhdplus.com/snapcraft-vetting/

:slight_smile: +1, I verified the publisher.

1 Like

Thanks @Igor - classic confinement override granted, this is now live.

1 Like