Request for classic confinement for julia-mrcinv snap

I would like to request classic confinement for julia-mrcinv which packs julia programming language https://julialang.org.

As julia is a general purpose programing language, julia needs access to filesystem and other system resources.

There is already a snap for julia named jula-stable. However the packed version of julia is not current and the snap is confined so there are issues that make it unusable. For example, the package manager for installing libraries in julia needs access to command for downloading like curl or wget. Julia REPL also offers access to shell, which calls current user shell command. So none of this works in confined snap.

If there is another way to give julia access to those resources, please let me know, so I can try and test it.

The requirements are understood. @advocacy - can someone perform the vetting (also, would this be better named ‘julia’?)?

ping @advocacy - can one of you perform the vetting?

Vetting done, I’m +1 for this.

Aside: It would be awesome if someone stepped up and made an official “julia” snap rather than “julia-foo” snap, which would need to be classic. But that’s an aside from this request.

Granting use of classic. This is now live.

Note: you’ll either need to request a manual review for revision 1 or upload a new revision, which should now pass automated review.