I would like to request auto connect of network-control since it is needed for Nebula to set up a new network interface. Since it is central to the functionality of the software it’s reasonable to expect that this happens automatically. Also, sudo is required to run this tool.
I also would like to get approval to use the system-files plug. Nebula needs a config file and also be able to read and create certificates. It’s neat if these files could reside under /etc/nebula (other option could be for example $SNAP_COMMON but then they will not survive an uninstall of the snap). Directories needed are:
- /etc/nebula/config #For placing the config file
- /etc #For checking if the nebula dir is present on installation, otherwise create it
- /etc/nebula/certs #For storing created certs
- /etc #If the nebula subdir is not present the snap needs to be able to create it
- /etc/nebula #To be able to create the subdirs config and certs upon installation
An alternative to the above would be the classic confinement but it seems doable to go the strict confinement route so I wanted to try that. Please let me know if this setup seems odd and should be changed.