Request for audio-record to be autoconnected in Discord to support voice/video calling

With the deprecation of the pulseaudio plug, I’ve updated discord to remove the plug in favour of audio-playback and audio-record. However, this means that it has lost the ability to initiate voice/video calling out of the box.

I’d like to request that discord be allowed audio-record to be automatically connected via a store assertion as voice/video calling is a primary feature of the app that is currently broken.

For an example of this confusing users, primarily due to the unhelpful discord interface (unchangeable by me due to being closed source that I have no involvement with), see:

+1000 as reviewer, definitely sounds like core functionality for discord and should work OOTB.

• Daniel
3 Likes

+1 from me as well for auto-connect audio-record to discord since its clearly required for the app to properly work.

1 Like

+1 from me too - I am expediting this request to reduce the impact on users - +1002 :wink: votes for, 0 votes against, granting audio-record auto-connect for discord. This is now live.

1 Like