Request for adding execstack override for Metasploit Framework snap

As mentioned by @alexmurray in this post Metasploit Framework requires execstack support for some of it’s binaries. I’m requesting to add an override for Metasploit so that it can pass “Automated Review” in the future. Thanks.

Pinging… It’s been 12 days.

Mettle is an important part of Metasploit.

Can you please outline the full paths of the files which require an execstack override?

opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/[0-9].*/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-*/build/mips-linux-muslsf/bin/mettle
opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/[0-9].*/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-*/build/mips-linux-muslsf/bin/sniffer
opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/[0-9].*/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-*/build/mipsel-linux-muslsf/bin/mettle
opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/[0-9].*/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-*/build/mipsel-linux-muslsf/bin/sniffer

@phoenix - the overrides mechanism requires complete paths, not regex / globs - can you please provide the exact path names?

opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/3.0.0/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-1.0.20/build/mips-linux-muslsf/bin/mettle
opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/3.0.0/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-1.0.20/build/mips-linux-muslsf/bin/sniffer
opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/3.0.0/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-1.0.20/build/mipsel-linux-muslsf/bin/mettle
opt/metasploit-framework/embedded/lib/ruby/gems/3.0.0/gems/metasploit_payloads-mettle-1.0.20/build/mipsel-linux-muslsf/bin/sniffer

The numbers may change with future updates.

Btw, globs are used for execstack override in the same link you provided me earlier.

Yes, sorry you are right, I completely missed that - we’ll likely either add this via regex (@pfsmorigo has a draft MR already https://code.launchpad.net/~pfsmorigo/review-tools/+git/review-tools/+merge/433530)

The MP was merged today, as soon as it is deployed in the store this should start working

Thanks @alexmurray @emitorino. Deployed to store. (:

1 Like