Request classic confinement for codium-insiders

Hello,

codium-insiders is a rebuilt of code-insiders without telemetry and under MIT license. Same as codium/code.

Since it’s an IDE and might access any file the user would like. So the snap would require a classic confinement to achieve that.

Thx

Ok, so it looks clear then that codium-insiders needs access to arbitrary files so it requires classic confinement, plus it fits under the supported category of IDE. As such, the requirements for classic confinement are understood. @advocacy, can you please perform the vetting?

Hi, is there any problem with the vetting?

hey @daiyam apologize for the delay. Pinging @Igor so he can help with the vetting process.

In the meantime, does codium-insiders have an official page you can share with us?

Thanks!

Hello,

@daiyam is a member of the Snapcrafters team, so vetting should be easy. But for the sake of full transparency, it would be good to see the official page and see where and how the snap will be hosted (will it be part of the Snapcrafters umbrella or separate org).

Arg!.. The webpage is on my todo-list for the codium project in general. I will try to do that on the week-end.

The binaries are hosted here: https://github.com/VSCodium/vscodium-insiders/releases and generated by the following workflow: https://github.com/VSCodium/vscodium/actions/workflows/insider-linux.yml

Hi @daiyam!

Could you make any progress on the codium project website?

@daiyam - ping, can you please provide the requested information?

@daiyam,

Ping, this request cannot proceed without the requested information.

@daiyam - final reminder, this request cannot proceed without the requested information, could you please provide the same?

Hi, I’m sorry. I haven’t found time to work on the website. Not sure when I will be able to do it. Sorry.

1 Like

Hello @daiyam, we are removing this request from our review queue for now. When you have more time to work on the issues, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks!

Yeah, I think it’s the best. Thanks