Request Autoconnect to audio-record and screencast-legacy

Blue Recorder is simple screen recorder and it support Wayland and Xorg
I got some 1/5 reviews in Store because some users not want to read the description about required connections to make the application work great

The application need audio-record to recorder Wayland and XOrg,
and it need screencast-legacy to record wayland

+1 from me for auto-connect audio-record and screencast-legacy to blue-recorder since both are a clear requirement for a screen recorder application.

Can other @reviewers please vote?

+1 from me for audio-record. I am not so convinced about auto-connect of screencast-legacy - other snaps such as browsers etc can work fine with screen recording on wayland using portals via the desktop interface - and this provides a better UI IMO as well. I also note this was suggested previously at Can I use org.gnome.shell.screencast dbus for wayland support? - would it be possible to use this instead?

Blue Recorder work in distros Wayland+Pipewire without connect screencast-legacy
but for old version of Ubuntu and some other distros its need screencast-legacy to be connected

+1 from me for both auto-connections.

+3 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of audio-record to blue-recorder. This is now live.

@alexmurray are you satisifed with the explanation regarding why screencast-legacy is needed as well?

Thanks for the updated explanation @SYaslem - +1 from me for screencast-legacy as well for blue-recorder

2 Likes

+3 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of screencast-legacy to blue-recorder. This is now live.